The Stellar Tandem 17 is ideal for family outings in lakes and rivers. The wide beam provides a stable platform for paddling and the generous cockpit openings make it easy to enter and exit the boat. Dry storage in bow and stern hatches provide ample room for your gear, whether a light snack or gear for a multiple day adventure.
- Weight: 55.1 lbs / 25kg
- Description: Great combination of weight, stiffness, durability and cost. Gelcoat finished heat cured infused epoxy Fiberglass and Soric® core laminate is very tough and resists against punctures. A great race boat on a tight budget. The Advantage hits the mark for price to weight ratio for most kayak paddlers.
- Steering Line: High strength Spectra Dyneema steering line. No rusting, and low stretch
- Cockpits: Extra Large oval cockpit for easy entry and exit, with heel pad. Adjustable padded seat, with a water bottle holder
- Decks: Mid volume deck for medium sized paddlers. Cut-aways on bow deck for narrow catch and an efficient stroke. Static perimeter line and Bungee X lines for deck rigging
- Bow & Stern Handles: Ergonomic carry handles for a comfortable haul to and from the water
- Foot Brace: Smart Track Transitional footbrace is easy to adjust in the boat, with responsive steering
- Storage Compartments: Large stern hatch and medium bow hatch for 2 water tight storage compartments
- Smart Track Hybrid Foil Rudder: Efficient steering and low drag hydrofoil fin, with rudder keep on stern deck
- Stability & Speed: Wide beam for great primary stability and the Swede form design reduces wave drag and soft chines for great secondary stability
- Joint Line: Double fiberglass taped seam lines, inside and out, for incredibly strong and durable hull and deck joint
- Length: 17' 5" / 5.3 m
- Beam: 28'' / 71cm
- Depth: 13.7" / 34.8 cm
- Paddler: 5' - 6'6" / 1.5-2m
- Capacity: 500 lbs / 230kg
- Cockpit W: 17.7"
- Cockpit L: 36.6"
- Bow Storage: 15.6 Gal
- Stern Storage: 30.9 Gal