Welcome to our online store
Things can change quickly with new, cool stuff arriving weekly. Often there are even more items in our store than we have online. If you don’t see what you are looking for on this website, call and talk to our knowledgeable staff about what you are looking for. We guarantee that you will be happy with your buying experience. We always be reached at 1-866-644-8111.
Return and Exchange Policy
- Before returning, call our shipping department for a return authorization number at 1-866-644-8111, local # 604-853-9320
- All purchases (excluding sale items, special orders, and boats and boards that have been shipped) are returnable within 30 days. Items ordered online cannot be exchanged, only refunded.
- Returns must include original packaging and receipt and cannot be returned used, dirty, not in original packaging or without tags. Items need to be in new condition.
- Returned items must be shipped prepaid at your expense following the instructions our shipping department has given. Items being returned from the US should be sent by US Postal Service, prepaid, by insured ground shipping. To avoid unnecessary delays, please write “Canadian Goods Returning” on the outside of the package.
- Due to credit card processing fees all returns will be assessed a 3 % restocking fee. In addition, if the item was shipped to you via the “Free Shipping” option the total cost for us to ship the item will not be refunded.
- Sale items are returnable for store credit or exchange only. Special order items, and all boats and boards that we ship via freight are a final sale, unless defective.
We honor all manufacturers’ warranties. If you feel you have a warranty problem, call toll free 1 866 644-8111. All manufacturers require that you have your original receipt, so please have that in hand when you call. Any products being warrantied must be clean and dry when returned.
We don’t share your personal information with anybody. We do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or postal mail. We do maintain a mailing list whose members expressly request to be on it.
Upon placing an order, you will receive a copy of your order via e-mail. Orders will usually be shipped out within 48 business hours not including weekends or holidays. If you wish to cancel your order please do so within a 20 hour time frame.
The "Free Freight" option is limited to Inflatables and Accessory orders over $100 within Canada (some restrictions apply). Over-sized items, Hobie accessories, and Hobie inflatables are not eligible for the "Free Fright" option. Items shipped “Free Freight” will go via the most affordable option available. If time is of the essence, please choose an alternate shipping option and mention your needs in the “Notes” section of checkout. Most “Free Freight” shipping options will take approximately 7 to 10 business days to arrive.
Over-sized items shipped using the "Fixed Rate" option will be shipped to the nearest terminal for the listed fixed rate. If you require home delivery for your item(s) please contact us, an additional fee will apply for home delivery of over-sized items.
Shipping restrictions may apply to certain products and destinations. These restrictions include regional distribution agreements, hazardous or over-sized products, and complexity in exporting some items.
Occasionally our inventory statistics can be incorrect. If we receive an order and the product is not currently in stock you will receive a phone call to notify you of our error. We sincerely apologize in advance if this should happen to you. We will then ask if you are willing to wait for the product to arrive or if you would just like to have the order cancelled and refunded. If you have confirmed that you are willing to wait we will go ahead and ship the product once it arrives in the store. If you would like to cancel a back-ordered product you must do so before the item is shipped to you.
We take great pride in offering many of the top brands for all aspects of paddling. If you do not see the product you are looking for on this site, please call or email the store as not all products are posted online. If you are looking for a product from a manufacturer that we deal with, we are more than happy to order it for you. Special order items may have additional freight costs to bring it in. We may have a similar item from another manufacturer that will meet your requirements. Call and let’s discuss.
All special order products must be paid in full at time of order – deposits are not refundable once the item has been ordered by us. All special order items are non-returnable.
Payment and Pricing
At present we accept PayPal, Visa and MasterCard. All pricing and payments are in Canadian dollars. Applicable provincial and federal taxes are applied when your order is processed according to where the item will be shipped. U.S. customers will notice exchange rate adjustments made by their banks using current exchange rates. Western Canoeing & Kayaking cannot tell you what your bank adjustment rates will be in U.S dollars.
*Western Canoeing and Kayaking reserves the right to make corrections to pricing and stock availability.
Applicable taxes will be applied to your order based on the province or territory it is being shipped to.
Canadian taxes are not collected on orders shipped outside of Canada. However, orders shipped outside of Canada for non-North American made products may be subject to import duties, and brokerage fees, which are levied once the package reaches its destination. These fees are collected by the carrier or Brokerage Company. We are unable to give estimates for these fees. Please contact your local customs office for more information.