The Mirage Compass Duo is powered by dual MirageDrives with Kick-Up Fins that retract on impact. Equipped with the MirageDrive 180 and a MirageDrive with Glide Technology, the Duo delivers a smooth and efficient ride for two in both forward and reverse. The Duo’s sleek hull design maximizes speed and stability, while greatly reducing drag. The cockpit features comfortable, ergonomic seating, 4 Integrated H-Tracks for accessory mounting, and abundant above and below deck storage compartments to house gear for two. The sleek waterline and Kick-Up Rudder system make for an impressively nimble tandem kayak that’s highly responsive, easy to steer and extremely durable. The roomy Compass Duo is simple to use and adventure-ready, making it the ideal choice for water outings with adults, tikes, and furry companions
- MirageDrive 180 and Kick-up fin technology: New Patented Kick-Up Fins provide the power to charge through the water as never before. Logs, kelp, shallows, rocks, no problem.
- Spacious Deck Layout: Room for all the activities. Four H-Track mounts allow complete accessory customization whether fishing or looking for the perfect place to mount your GoPro. Two 8” Twist and Stow hatches provide in-hull storage and four molded-in rod holders turn this kayak into a veritable fishing machine. Install an optional Sail Kit in the new Sail mount for an added power boost.
- Lowrance Ready System: The Hobie Mirage Compass comes standard with a built-in transducer mount and includes through-hull cable plugs.
- Sleek and Stable Hull Shape: A freshly designed bow cuts through wind, wake and chop with ease. The spacious and extra wide deck provides comfort and security for even the most novice of kayakers.
- Kick-up Rudder and Molded-In Tracking Keel: he Kick-Up Rudder locks in to place when you need it and retracts on impact. A molded-in tracking keel keeps you on course, whether pedaling or paddling.
- Molded-in Carrying Handles: Located midship, these handles are ergonomic and conveniently placed to make car topping a breeze. Bow and Stern handles help with transport to and from the water.
- Excellent Hull Performance: The durable polyethylene hull hits the sweet spot between tracking and maneuverability. The oversize cockpit includes plenty of flat deck area for standing.
- Dual MirageDrive Powered: The Glide Technology Drive features legendary bio engineered performance. Onie MirageDrive 180 + Kick-up & One MirageDrive GT + Kick-up
- 8" Twist and Seal Hatch: An efficient corkscrew mechanism ratchets down this hatch, keeping stowed items secure irrespective of the sea state. The lid is permanently attached to its base via a hinge, so you don't have to worry about leaving it at last night's campground. The Duo comes equipped with two of them.
- Accessory Ready: H-Track accessory mounts provide no-drill customization for the utmost in rigging flexibility.
- Drink Holder: Keep your drink close at hand. Comes standard with two, one for each user.
- Easy Steering System: When you want to paddle or need to transport your Compass on shore, the spring-loaded rudder folds flush. Automatically kicks up if you hit something. Easy grip rudder handle provides fingertip steering.
- Optimal Seating Design: The breathable mesh fabric is adjustable for comfort. Mounted at an ideal height for fishing, there's room for tackle storage underneath. Easily removable for use on shore.
- Four Rod Holders: The Compass comes ready to fish from the factory. 4 molded-in holsters securely tote your rods, are perfectly angled for trolling and can accommodate a gaff, nets and other gear.
- Storage Abounds: Bring your favorite gear along, including an H-Crate or Livewell. There's plenty of room in the mesh-covered bow storage area, stern storage area with Bungee tie-downs, and the 8-inch round Twist and Seal cockpit hatch.
- Sail Mount: The optional Mirage Sail Kit's mast securely steps onto a deck-mounted fitting. Enjoy added power without complication; Mirage Sail Kits make sailing fun and easy.
- Hobie Paddle Included!
- Crew: Tandem
- Length: 13.5' / 4.11m
- Width: 35"
- Capacity: 475lbs / 215.46kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 92lbs / 41.73
- Fully Rigged Weight: 127lbs / 57.61kg