Simplicity defined, the Mirage Compass is powered by the MirageDrive 180 pedal system and Kick-Up Fins. Patented Kick-Up Fin Technology takes the worry out of kayaking in shallow, structure-filled waters by automatically retracting upon impact. New for 2022 is an anodized aluminum alloy frame seat offering incredible comfort, durability and breathability with monomesh and riptstop nylon construction. The Compass offers maximum stability and an oversized cockpit and flat deck for standing. A sharp turning radius makes this fishing kayak nimble in tight quarters, yet able to speed over open water in stealthy fashion. Kayak fishing features include pre-installed rod holders, H-Track accessory mounts and a transducer cavity ready for you to install a Lowrance® fishfinder. For a stealthy look, upgrade to the Compass Camo package that is outfitted with Kick-Up Turbo Fins and comes in Camo color.
- Mirage Drive 180 with Kick-up fin technology: The Compass now comes standard with the MirageDrive 180 and the patented Kick-Up Fins provide the power to charge through the water as never before. Logs, kelp, shallows, rocks, no problem.
- Lowrance Ready System: The Hobie Mirage Compass comes standard with a built-in transducer mount and includes through-hull cable plugs.
- Sleek and Stable Hull Shape: A freshly designed bow cuts through wind, wake and chop with ease. The spacious and extra wide deck provides comfort and security for even the most novice of kayakers.
- Kick-up Rudder and Molded-In Tracking Keel: he Kick-Up Rudder locks in to place when you need it and retracts on impact. A molded-in tracking keel keeps you on course, whether pedaling or paddling.
- Molded-in Carrying Handles: Located midship, these handles are ergonomic and conveniently placed to make car topping a breeze. Bow and Stern handles help with transport to and from the water.
- Excellent Hull Performance: The durable polyethylene hull hits the sweet spot between tracking and maneuverability. The oversize cockpit includes plenty of flat deck area for standing.
- MirageDrive Powered: The Glide Technology Drive features legendary bioengineered performance. For reverse gear, see our other kayak lines with the MirageDrive 180.
- 8" Twist and Seal Hatch: An efficient corkscrew mechanism ratchets down this hatch, keeping stowed items secure irrespective of the sea state. The lid is permanently attached to its base via a hinge, so you don't have to worry about leaving it at last night's campground.
- Accessory Ready: H-Track accessory mounts provide no-drill customization for the utmost in rigging flexibility.
- Drink Holder: Keep your drink close at hand.
- Easy Steering System: When you want to paddle or need to transport your Compass on shore, the spring-loaded rudder folds flush. Automatically kicks up if you hit something. Easy grip rudder handle provides fingertip steering.
- Optimal Seating Design: New for 2022 is an anodized aluminum alloy frame seat offering incredible comfort, durability and breathability with monomesh and riptstop nylon construction.
- Two Rod Holders: The Compass comes ready to fish from the factory.
- Storage Abounds: Bring your favorite gear along, including an H-Crate or Livewell. There's plenty of room in the mesh-covered bow storage area, stern storage area with Bungee tie-downs, and the 8-inch round Twist and Seal cockpit hatch.
- Crew: Single
- Length: 12' / 3.66m
- Width: 34"
- Capacity: 400lbs / 181kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 68lbs / 31kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 87lbs / 39kg
Hobie Paddle Included!