The Dragon Saddle has much more than minimal padding. This is the ultimate cushion with an adjustable thickness. The Dragon Saddle meets IDBF racing specs by sliding out one of the two neoprene inserts. Some paddlers remove both inserts for the sprint races. Using both inserts will adjust the cushion upward for the demands of the most challenging, long practices and 2K races.
- Multiple layers of the highest quality wet suit neoprene; * 100% chloroprene inserts, base, and most tops;
- Slip resistant base. Not absolutely slip proof. See the Super Saddle to guarantee your butt pad stays put.
- Many colors and patterns, 23 in all. See list; Many more coming the summer of 2016.
- Conforms to IDBF Rules of Racing when one of the two inserts is removed.
- The removable core inserts adjust the comfort and thickness;
- Preferred by the top racing teams in Canada, USA, Australia, and many more;
- An essential accessory after the first use;
- Perfect cushioning for long, challenging practices; This is where races are ultimately won.
- Manufactured in Florida, USA, by Dragon Saddle LLC;
- A great way to sit in comfort at stadium events;
- Has an interesting origin. See History.
- The recommended UV protection color saving product for all your outdoor gear is in the CARE section. This will maintain a bright color for many years of outdoor exposure. If you don't use UV protection, some Dragon Saddle colors will begin to fade in the sun but the product will always maintain it's performance.
Removing one of the inserts could be required if seat pads are officially inspected by formal race management in some high level IDBF events; most paddlers keep it full thickness at practice because the removable inserts adjust the comfort.