The quintessential sit-inside touring tandem can only be found in the Wilderness Systems lineup with the Polaris. For couples or liveries looking for a comfortable boat for day/weekend trips, the Polaris delivers with a hull design proven for speed and predictability with ample room for cargo. Featuring the coveted Phase 3® AirPro seating system in both cockpits, ensuring both paddlers receive the signature comfort found in all Wilderness Systems kayaks.
- Length: 17' 10/ 544 cm
- Width: 29" / 72 cm
- Boat Weight: 85 lbs. / 39 kg
- Deck Height: 17" / 42 cm
- Cockpit Length: 36" / 91 cm
- Cockpit Width : 21" / 52 cm
- Max Capacity: 550 lbs / 249 kg
- Course Control Rudder: Course Control Rudder to help steer in winds or currents.
- Domed Bow and Stern Hatches: Dry storage hatches keep your gear safe and dry. Three bulkheads provide additional floatation for safety.
- Phase 3® AirPro Tour Seat: The most comfortable kayak seat out there. Fully adjustable with mesh fabric that covers honeycomb-vented, ergonomic 3D foam allowing for greater airflow to keep you cool while supporting the lower back.
- Bungee Deck Rigging w/ Reflective Static Perimeter Safety Line: Bungee cord lashes in front and rear to secure gear of any shape or size with reflective safety lines for low-light visibility and ease of re-entry.
- Adjustable Padded Thigh Braces: Adjustable padded thigh braces for comfortable support and optimal boat control.
- Two Deck Dry Pods: Keep important gear dry and accessible with the deck mounted dry pods in front of each seat. A perfect storage option for keys, cell phones and snacks.
- Bow, Midship and Stern Bulkheads: Foam bulkheads add extra buoyancy on the water.
- Soft Touch Handles: Ergonomic handles make carrying more comfortable.
- Adjustable Foot Rests: Large, padded foot rests for support and comfort. Easy to adjust locking lever to accommodate paddlers of different heights. Bow features Slidelock XL foot braces; Stern features Keepers XL foot braces.
**Please Note: Seat fabric/trim on Wilderness Systems recreational and light touring kayaks will be updated during the 2020 model year. The functionality of the seat remains unchanged, but the seat may look different than the photo on this page.