Machno M Description
Afon Machno, 53.064°, -3.779° the tributary that powers the infamous Fairy Glen, and just over an hour from Pyranha HQ, this is where initial testing for the Machno took place. The Pyranha Machno has been refined through the feedback of Team Pyranha members worldwide to feature a formidable bow rocker profile that keeps you on top of things, and a wide planing hull with soft chines that's both stable and predictable. When you're in the Machno, you'll almost feel as though time has been slowed down as you glide in to the rapids, waiting for the perfect moment to plant those key paddle strokes and nail that boof, flair or kickflip.
- Size: Medium
- Length: 8'8"/ 265cm
- Width: 26"/ 66.5cm
- External Cockpit Length: 37.5"/ 95cm
- External Cockpit Width: 19.5"/ 50cm
- Volume: 308l/ 81gal(US)
- Weight: 47lb/ 21kg
- Optimum Paddler Weight: 132-200lb/ 60- 100kg
- Parallel Bow Handle: Bow handle orientated parallel to the kayak's centerline, maintaining a uniform deck peak and allowing a smaller recess to be used, reducing water-loading.
- Action Camera Mount: An insert located just behind the bow handle provides a secure attachment point for a variety of action cameras.
- Second, Full-Sized Bow: A full-sized, drop-forged aluminum handle in place of the bow security point offers increased handling possibilities both on and off the water.
- Curved Deck Peak: Bow and stern decks feature a rounded peak with a lightly concaved gradient, creating positive pressure during resurfacing for stability and control, as well as facilitating easier rolling.
- Open Stern Handle Recess: Extended recess remains open to the stern edge for efficient drainage and comfortable access, whilst also providing a well-guarded drain bung location.
- High Volume Design: Carefully tailored volume provides ample buoyancy through large features, with a pointed bow splitting water efficiently and a rounded stern smoothly deflecting it at the base of drops.
- Wave Deflectors: Generate dynamic lift through features and break surface tension acting on the kayak's bow, all whilst deflecting spray so you can remain focused.
- Balanced Rocker Profile: Extreme bow rocker lifts the kayak over features, efficiently directing water under the hull for speed, and in combination with the steep rocker in the stern facilitates almost effortless high performance.
- Softened Side Walls: Deflects water under the hull during turning or when encountering strong cross currents, avoiding a build-up of pressure that could hinder maneuverability or lead to a capsize.
- Moderate Edge: Developing smoothly from the paddler's feet to the stern, offering grip on big water and controlled carving performance, yet high enough to prevent tripping on cross currents or shallow rock slides.
- Wide, Curved Planning Hull: Developing smoothly from the paddler's feet to the stern, offering grip on big water and controlled carving performance, yet high enough to prevent tripping on cross currents or shallow rock slides.
- Stout 2 Outfitting: Pyranha's second generation Stout system, featuring robust, adjustable thigh grips with optional hooker attachment and over-sized, deep-fill padded hip pads.