The Stellar 16' Sit-on-Top (S16S) is a transitional sit-on-top, stable enough for entry level and intermediate paddlers to feel comfortable, but fast enough for fitness paddling and racing! The open cockpit, rounded seat and 3-point footboard is very comfortable and responsive, keeping you on track to where you want to go. Two water tight hatches allow for modest storage for day tripping and overnight adventures. In the ocean, the S16S is a blast, easily catching waves and carving on the waves. The S16S's light weight makes it responsive to your power on the water and with its cockpit handles, it is a breeze to carry and car-top.
- Weight: 35.3 lbs / 16 kg
- Description: Great combination of weight, stiffness, durability and cost. Gelcoat finished heat cured infused epoxy Fiberglass and Soric® core laminate is very tough and resists against punctures. A great race boat on a tight budget. The Advantage hits the mark for price to weight ratio for most kayak paddlers.
- Steering Line: High strength Spectra Dyneema steering line. No rusting, and low stretch for instant response.
- Seating: Easy enter/exit ergonomic seat with rounded back, low hump and integrated water-bottle holder, cockpit handles & lock bar
- Shaped Bow Deck: Peaked deck helps to she water in the rough stuff and allows for a narrow catch. Curved transition from bow deck to cockpit provides stiffness and strength
- Bow & Stern Handles: Ergonomic carry handles for a comfortable haul to and from the water
- Storage Compartments: 2 water tight storage compartments with bulkheads
- Footbrace: 3-point footbrace allows for a powerful leg drive and easy responsive steering with toe pedals
- Smart Track Ski Rudder: Efficient steering and low drag Hyrdofoil fin for better control
- Low-Volume Cockpit: Twin venturis make for quick draining of the cockpit when underway
- Stability & Speeds: Long and efficient hull lines and a slender bow for low form and wave drag for a smooth and fast running hull
||16' / 4.88 m
||22.9" / 58.1 cm
||13.9" / 35.2 cm
||5' - 6' 6" / 1.5 - 2m
||320 lbs / 145kg