Similar to the S16, the Stellar 18' (S18) Touring Kayak was designed for speed and stability for long distance tours. With additional length and reduced beam, this boat glides through the water. Moderate concavity along the keel of the bow and stern helps with tracking in rough conditions. For windy days and following seas, a drop-down rudder off the stern will help keep your course. Higher decks allow for a dryer paddle in rough conditions and a large stern and medium bow compartment provide ample storage for your longer tours.
- Weight: 39.7 lbs / 18kg
- Description: Great combination of weight, stiffness, durability and cost. Gelcoat finished heat cured infused epoxy Fiberglass and Soric® core laminate is very tough and resists against punctures. A great race boat on a tight budget. The Advantage hits the mark for price to weight ratio for most kayak paddlers.
- Steering Line: High strength Spectra Dyneema steering line. No rusting, and low stretch
- Cockpit: Adjustable padded seat, with a water bottle holder. Oval cockpit for easy entry with padded thigh braces and heel pad
- Decks: High volume deck for larger paddlers. Cut-aways on bow deck for narrow catch and an efficient stroke. Static perimeter line and Bungee X lines for deck rigging
- Bow & Stern Handles: Ergonomic carry handles for a comfortable haul to and from the water
- Foot Brace: Smart Track Transitional footbrace is easy to adjust in the boat, with responsive steering
- Storage Compartments: Large stern hatch and medium bow hatch for 2 water tight storage compartments
- Smart Track Hybrid Foil Rudder: Efficient steering and low drag Hydrofoil fin, with rudder keep on stern deck
- Stability & Speed: Swede form design, where the widest point of the hull is aft of midship reducing wave drag and soft chines for great secondary stability
- Joint Line: Double fiberglass taped seam lines, inside and out, for incredibly strong and durable hull and deck joint
- Length: 18' / 5.5m
- Beam: 21.5" / 54.7cm
- Depth: 12.6" / 32cm
- Paddler: 5' - 6'6" / 1.5m-2m
- Capacity: 385 lbs / 175kg
- Cockpit W: 17.3"
- Cockpit L: 31.9"
- Bow Storage: 23.1 Gal
- Stern Storage: 33.3 Gal