Stellar Kayaks - Colour Option Abbreviations
When selecting your Stellar kayak, note the following colour abbreviations:
- D: Deck
- C: Cockpit
- S: Stripe
Please select your desired colour choices based on these abbreviations while placing your order.
Designed off the successful S18, we have optimized the construction for the rigors of expedition paddling whilst keeping the hull efficiencies. We have added a day hatch and bow deck hatch to make retrieving gear while paddling easy. The S18 Exp has a new heavy duty construction, MultiSport Expedition, derived from our durable and popular Multi-Sport lay up to withstand the heavy use of expedition paddling. All this so you can cover the miles with ease and safety. Single skin laminate hull made of Carbon & Kevlar® fabric, with clear gelcoat finish, and the deck is the standard Advantage construction. The hull is designed to be flexible and durable, but creates a stiff boat that can take some abuse in the class I and II rapids and shallows, but is also at home in the ocean or the flats. The Surf Ski Multi-Sport construction comes standard with an over-stern rudder and fittings for an under-stern rudder, as well as a flush mounted Andersen Super mini-bailer.
- Steering Line: High strength Spectra Dyneema steering line. No rusting, and low stretch
- Cockpit: Adjustable padded seat, with a water bottle holder. Oval cockpit for easy entry with padded thigh braces and heel pad
- Decks: High volume deck for larger paddlers. Cut-aways on bow deck for narrow catch and an efficient stroke. Stat perimeter line and Bungee X lines for deck rigging
- Bow & Stern Handles: Ergonomic carry handles for a comfortable haul to and from the water
- Foot Brace: Smart Track Transitional footbrace is easy to adjust in the boat, with responsive steering
- Storage Compartments: Large stern hatch and medium bow hatch for 2 large water tight storage compartments, plus a rear day hatch and deck pod
- Smart Track Hybrid Foil Rudder: Efficient steering and low drag hydrofoil fin, with rudder keep on stern deck
- Stability & Speed: Swede form design, where the widest point of the hull is aft of midship reducing wave drag and soft chines for great secondary stability
- Keel Strip: Epoxied Kevlar keel strip to avoid wear and tear on the bottom of the boat
- Length: 18' / 5.5m
- Beam: 21.5" / 54.7cm
- Depth: 12.6" / 32cm
- Paddler: 5' - 6'6" / 1.5m-2m
- Capacity: 385 lbs / 175kg
- Cockpit W: 17.3"
- Cockpit L: 31.9"
- Bow Storage: 23.1 Gal
- Stern Storage: 33.3 Gal
- Weight: 39.7 lbs / 18kg