The Stellar 14' Low Volume (S14-LV) Touring Kayak is in response to demand for a smaller version of our popular S14. Designed for speed and stability for small to medium sized paddlers for touring and fitness paddling, the S14-LV has the speed of a much longer boat. Two water tight hatches allow for ample storage for day and overnight trips, while the retractable skeg in the stern helps with tracking. The S14-LV comes standard with fittings to upgrade to a rudder steered boat as well. Its short length and light weight make it ideal for those who want a high performance boat, but are short on storage space or frequently car-top their boat.
- Weight: 34 lbs / 15.4kg
- Description: Great combination of weight, stiffness, durability and cost. Gelcoat finished heat cured infused epoxy Fiberglass and Soric® core laminate is very tough and resists against punctures. A great race boat on a tight budget. The Advantage hits the mark for price to weight ratio for most kayak paddlers.
- Steering Option: Steering tubing, rudder tube post and rudder block installed for easy upgrade to steering with the Smart Track rudder
- Cockpit: Adjustable padded seat, with a water bottle holder. Smaller width, oval cockpit for easy entry, with padded thigh braces and heel pad.
- Decks: Low volume deck for small sized paddlers. Cut-aways on bow deck for narrow catch and an efficient stroke. Static perimeter line and Bungee X lines for deck rigging
- Bow & Stern Handles: Ergonomic carry handles for a comfortable haul to and from the water
- Foot Brace: Smart Track Transitional footbrace is easy to adjust in the boat
- Storage Compartments: Large stern hatch and medium bow hatch for 2 water tight storage compartments
- Adjustable Skeg: Low drag skeg to help with tracking. Solid wire for construction for durability
- Stability & Speed: Swede form hull, with long efficient water lines. Great primary stability and excellent secondary stability with the soft chines
- Joint Line: Double fiberglass taped seam lines, inside and out, for incredibly strong and durable hull and deck joint
- Length: 13' 9"/ 4.2 m
- Beam: 22' 2"/ 56.4 cm
- Depth: 11.4" / 29 cm
- Paddler: 5' - 6' / 1.5-1.87m
- Capacity: 250 lbs / 110kg
- Cockpit W: 16.9"
- Cockpit L: 32.7"
- Bow Storage: 12.7 Gal
- Stern Storage: 24 Gal